Published by: HarperCollins/William Morrow Paperbacks
Publication Date: 05/21/2013
Number of Pages: 448
Series: 1st in the D.I. Sean Corrigan Series
After a young man is found brutally murdered in his own flat, DI Sean Corrigan, responsible for one of South London’s Murder Investigation Units, takes on the case. At first it appears to be a straightforward domestic murder, but immediately Corrigan suspects it is much more and it soon becomes clear he is hunting a particularly clever and ruthless serial killer who changes his modus operandi each time he kills, leaving no useable forensic evidence behind... ------------------------------------------------
*This book was given to me by the publishing company in exchange for an honest review.
What I did like about the book:
- The tension in this book was absolutely amazing! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time reading the book. I can honestly say there was never a dull moment which can happen easily in a detective novel.
- The book gave grotesque details of the crimes but did it in a way it was still a thriller and not a horror film. The book easily went back and forth between a noir feel and an action movie feel which held the books intensity the entire time.
- The characters were extremely well written. I liked the way the lead detective was the hero of the story but a flawed one. He made mistakes and didn't always use his judgement but he did the best he could. To me that that's what's great about the book's characters. There're extremely well rounded and you can easily get involved with all of them.
- The twist and turns really blew my mind. Even though there are clues given that you can think about in hindsight the twist caught me by side and really made the book great! It especially helped the ending.
- Even the ending left me on the edge of my seat wanting to know what happened next right away. I want to read book 2 like right now!
What I didn't like about this book:
- Nothing! This book was pretty perfect!
This book is an amazing crime thriller that I just couldn't get enough of! I was always waiting to see what would happen next and when I found out it blew me away. I definitely can't wait to read the second book in this series! It was all kind of awesome!
Rated R: Brutal violence, sex and language
Rating: 5/5 Stars