Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday~Fracture by Megan

Waiting on Wednesday is a great weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spinewhere you share what books you can not wait to be released. This is my first Waiting on Wednesday so lets get started!
Title: Fractured
Author: Megan Miranda
Release Date: January 17, 2012
Synopsis:
Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine
-despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?
Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?
For fans of best-sellers like Before I Fall and If I Stay, this is a fascinating and heart-rending story about love and friendship and the fine line between life and death.
 
Why I Want to Read it: I've always been intrigued with books that discuss near death experiences. There have been people whos hearts have stopped but yet they come back to life after a few minutes. What happens to those people when they return back to our world? This book flirts with the idea of a young women obtaining special powers because of her near death experience. The nerd in me finds this really cool. It has a 4.1 rating on Goodreads which is a good sign. Of course there is a love story, what would the YA genre be without it. It seems like it will be a heart tugging story without being depressing, I really prefer that to the moody books.


What books are you waiting for, tell me below!

12 comments:

  1. This one has been on my wishlist forever! I can't wait for it either. Great pick :)

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and following! I'll follow back after this:)

    Great pick! Can't wait for this to come out and I actually didn't notice the mirror image on the cover!

    jenn | writer's block

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great pick! I got this one a couple of weeks ago I can't believe I haven't picked it up yet!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab WoW! This book sounds really interesting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just approved for this on NetGalley! Can't wait to read it!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/11/www-18-and-waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I agree that Fracture looks like a good book. I can't wait to read it. Thanks for sharing!

    Thank you for stopping by The Bookish Babes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard mixed things on Fracture! I'm nervous about it. Maybe it will be one of those books that people either love or hate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so want this one as well. Fracture sounds so good. Great selection for wow this week. Come visit me as well.

    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey!

    Great WoW post this week! I received an ARC of this and to be honest, so far it's freaking amazing!

    Great post!

    Molly
    Reading is my cup of tea

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always been intrigued by Near Death experiences too! Have you ever read Stork by Wendy Delsol? Same thing, but with a different kind of cool paranormal twist. (:

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard about this one before. Thanks for the suggestion and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome and responded to. If you follow my book blog just comment below and let me know for a follow back.=)

Followers

Join Me on Swagbucks

Want to earn Amazon GCs just by searching to buy your books? Join Swagbucks!

Share It